System N history correction

Lyle McElhaney lmc at denelcor.UUCP
Sun Dec 16 11:41:48 AEST 1984

> > 	ms(7): the -ms macros (due to obvious rivalry with -mm)
> True (I think mm is better).

It may be a lot better (or at least more complicated (oops, flexible)),
but since they both can live together, there is a lot of documentation
written in the former, and there are a few advantages to -ms (like loading
a lot faster), then why was it just dropped?

On this same vein, why is there not a command that can be included in the
source text that informs n/t/roff of the macro package to be used on the text?
It seems like the obvious thing to do. I don't think .so was designed for
that.

Oh, well, just a question rolling around that this gave me an opportunity
to ask.
--
Lyle McElhaney
{hao, stcvax, brl-bmd, nbires, csu-cs} !denelcor!lmc