System N history correction

BALDWIN mike at whuxl.UUCP
Sat Dec 15 17:14:45 AEST 1984

> Michael, I couldn't pass this up.  Semaphores?  I wouldn't call them that.
> What was implemented is a STACK, not a QUEUE.  Can people imagine how useful
> this really is?  Just think, the sooner a process wants something the later
> it gets it!

Sigh!  I ran the test program, and sure enough, only two of the processes
ever got the semaphore!  Oh well.  I've submitted a trouble report on it,
so at least it has a chance of being fixed in the near(?) future.

But hey, lots more bugs have been fixed in System V than have been
introduced in 4.2BSD !!

							Michael Baldwin
							AT&T Bell Labs
							harpo!whuxl!mike