public domain ring driver for SUN2

Craig Partridge craig at loki.ARPA
Tue Dec 4 07:22:24 AEST 1984

	I will be distributing a public domain ProNET ring driver
over the v2lni-people mailing list at the end of this week.  This
is for the SUN2 workstation, and is the SUN counterpart to the
VAX driver.  The driver has been in beta-test for 6-8 weeks now
and appears to be working quite well.  Its throughput rates with
Revision C boards are equivalent to or a little better than that of
SUN's Ethernet driver for the 3Com board.

	I would prefer it if people who want the driver join the
v2lni-people mailing list (since that is where any and all bugfixes
will appear) but if this is not feasible, let me know and I'll mail
a copy direct.  Also, if anyone volunteers to act as a relay to
USENET's net.sources, I'll send a copy there too.  Respond to
me directly please.....

Craig Partridge
craig at bbn-loki (ARPA)
{ihnp4,wjh12,decvax}!bbncca!craig (USENET)
craig%loki.arpa at csnet-relay (CSNET)