VM/370 security and performance

Josh Knight josh at v1.UUCP
Thu Dec 27 14:02:40 AEST 1984

> There is one feature of CMS that I would like to see under Unix: the
> ability to type a key and have the current process move into the background.

Have you heard of ASCII control-z (032 (octal), I think)?  Been in C-shell
since early Berkeley VM Unix.  Don't know about System N.

Could you point me to the "background" feature you speak of for CMS?  Are
you speaking of "CMS Subset", or what?

The views, confusion and anything else herein are not necessarily those of
my employer.

			Josh Knight, IBM T.J. Watson Research
    josh at YKTVMX on BITNET, josh.yktvmx.ibm on CSnet, ...!philabs!v1!josh