VM/370 security and performance

bsa at ncoast.UUCP bsa at ncoast.UUCP
Tue Dec 25 11:08:54 AEST 1984

There is one feature of CMS that I would like to see under Unix: the
ability to type a key and have the current process move into the background.
Under Unix, it'd be nice if stdin were immediately redirected to /dev/null
and standard output to ./prog.out or something similar.  This would come
in handy when root writes to me in the middle of a long compile...

--bsa
(I don't know if 4.2 or SysV has the ability to do something similar
if it's written into each separate program -- but a kernel-level method
would be better than modifying and recompiling everything.)
--
  Brandon Allbery @ decvax!cwruecmp!ncoast!bsa (..ncoast!tdi1!bsa business)
	6504 Chestnut Road, Independence, Ohio 44131   (216) 524-1416