System N history correction

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.UUCP
Sat Dec 15 04:23:12 AEST 1984

> >	grep(1) -y: case-insensitive grep
> Grep, egrep, and fgrep have -i for ignore case.

Of course, they couldn't be bothered being compatible with the system
they produced which had this option before.

> > 	learn(1): CAI about UNIX brand operating systems
> Instructional Work Bench (IWB) has the teach program.

Last I heard, IWB is (a) separate, (b) extra cost, and (c) binary-only.
This is not a substitute for learn(1), guys.

> > 	sort(1) -T: change temporary directory (undocumented, may be in the code)
> ... has -T,
> but it's still undocumented (sigh!).

It's documented in V7, guys.  Always has been.
--
				Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology