id AA23290; Wed, 1 Feb 84 18:19:36 est

jeff at tesla.UUCP jeff at tesla.UUCP
Thu Feb 2 09:19:46 AEST 1984

Date: Wed, 1 Feb 84 18:19:36 est
From: jeff (Jeff Frey)
To: info-terms at net, micro at net, unix-wizards at net
Subject: uploads TRS-100, P8201a to VAX

Trying to use the built-in UPLOAD program on the 8201a (similar
to that in the TRS-100) to a vax with UNIX bsd 4.2, results in
overlaoding the vax input buffer; apparently the vax would
like some breathing space to flush the input buffer to the
file every 1024K but the 8201a doesn't stop transmitting.  The
result is that the first 1024K is piped to the file desired,
but the vax refuses to listen to anything beyond that.

Surely someone has already dealt with this problem?
If anybody has a solution that is handled by a vax (rather than
a 8201) program I'd like to hear about it.  Especially since my
8K or so of files in the 8201a are trapped there until I can
find a way for them to get into the vax!
Jeff Frey