4.1 compatibility mode under 4.2BSD?? What good is it?

Charlie Havener charlie at genrad.UUCP
Fri Feb 10 06:35:53 AEST 1984

I need help in porting Concurrent EUCLID from 4.1BSD to 4.2BSD

I have all the sources but they arn't in "C"! They are in
sequential EUCLID. Under 4.2 the sec compiler doesn't run, it
dies with a bad system call error message like most 4.1 executables.

The question is, what does the 4.1 compatibilty mode do?
If we make a 4.2 system with the kernal in 4.1 compatibility mode
and then make Concurrent EUCLID, will the new executable ce
compiler then run under a "real" non-compatibility mode 4.2 system?

Thanks in advance for any help,

		Charlie Havener  ...decvax!genrad!charlie