Can't change max number of Groups

Barry Lustig barry at muddcs.UUCP
Sun Nov 11 12:25:09 AEST 1984

<>
	For the record i'm running 4.2bsd on a 750.  I have been trying to
increase the maximum number of groups per user on our system.  I changed
the NGROUPS parameter in sys/param.h.  The first time I changed it from 8
to 16.  I got a panic with vstodb.  The second time I tried changing it
(from 8 to 64) I got a KSP invalid panic.  Unfortunately the system didn't
dump before it went down either time.  Does anybody out there have any idea
how to make the change properly.  Is there another hidden bit map that has
to be fixed?

					barry

--
Barry Lustig
Harvey Mudd College

UUCP:    {ihnp4,allegra,seismo}!scgvaxd!muddcs!barry
ARPA:	 muddcs!barry at ucla-cs
PHONE:   At the moment --- (714) 621-8000 x8225