ULTRIX 32 info needed

Steve Dyer sdyer at bbncca.ARPA
Fri Oct 19 12:13:55 AEST 1984

I would like to hear some comments on ULTRIX, DEC's supported version
of 4.2BSD, especially from people who have used it themselves.  Have you
been happy with its performance?  How easy is it to reconfigure the
binary-only distribution?  How are its software support plans?  Does
DEC keep up with the bugs reported here and at Berkeley?

As you might guess, it is next to impossible to get any answers from
our salesman, who knows no more now about UNIX from DEC than he did
about UNIX from Bell Labs five years ago.  Some software manager at
DEC called me on the urging of my salesman, but when I asked these
"hard questions" (?) he blanched (or the aural equivalent) and promised
to get back to me.  I haven't heard anything yet, two weeks later.
--
/Steve Dyer
{decvax,linus,ima,ihnp4}!bbncca!sdyer