ULTRIX 32 info needed

Stephen R. Cary steve at calmasd.UUCP
Tue Oct 23 02:35:05 AEST 1984

I have just received some information from my DEC
salesman on ULTRIX-32.. I was singularly unimpressed.
It seems that it is a basic 4.2BSD system with
ALL of the non-DEC peripherals stripped out of it..
(eg. UUCP only supports DF02 and DF03's,etc.)
Now I understand why DEC would have done that,
but it is moderately annoying if you have foreign peripherals.

One advantage that is mentioned is that the error messages
are formatted to read like VMS error messages, so you
can hand the console page to the FE and tell him to fix it....
I have had to explain the standard error messages to our
field service folks...

	Which reminds me.. we have been getting a LOT of
	cp and ip cache parity faults. Any thoughts??
	(780 running MORE/4.2bsd from Mt.Xinu)

	steve cary
	sdcsvax!calmasd!steve