Alternate Vax FORTRAN-77's?

Doug Gwyn <gwyn> gwyn at brl-tgr.ARPA
Tue Oct 16 11:11:04 AEST 1984

There are two simple solutions to the buggy 4.2BSD F77 behavior.
One is to apply Donn Seeley's bug fixes that have been posted to
net.bugs.f77 (I think these will be in the next Berkeley release).
The other is to use the UNIX System V Release 2 F77, either with
trivial changes to fit the 4.2BSD utilities or under the BRL UNIX
System V emulation.  I do not yet have a comparison between the
two but I do know that both are much better than the original
4.2BSD version.