Help needed with SC750/eagle and pan

irwin at uiucdcs.UUCP irwin at uiucdcs.UUCP
Tue Oct 16 08:52:00 AEST 1984

We have 12 eagles on site, we have had some go "not ready". Our service
people advise us that there is one board in the eagle, that if not up
to the latest rev level, can cause this. If it happens again, look at the
two green LEDs in the back of the eagle to see if they are both on. If not
then the drive is not ready, in spite of what it says on the ready light
on the front of the drive. If that is the condition you have, then the
eagle needs the update. Please note, that we have four such boards on
order for our own eagles through our service contractor to fix 4 of our
12.

It is one of the large boards inside in the card nest, the one nearest to
the disk pack and the rev number should start with 21, to be a good card.