Wanted: ISO level 4

Julian Davies julian at deepthot.UUCP
Mon Oct 22 09:47:09 AEST 1984

From: barmar at mit-eddie.UUCP (Barry Margolin)

>ISO has defined a standard Transport Protocol.  I believe that this is
>commonly referred to as TP4.  It is quite similar to DoD's Internet
>Protocol (IP), I think.  In any case, it is not just an abstraction any
>more.

True, but the resemblance between ISO/Transport protocol and DoD's IP
is only 'generic'.  Specific details are very different.   BTW, the
ISO recommendation in a draft form was printed a year or two ago in
ACM Computer Communications newsletter, for anyone who wants to check
it out.  The final DIS (IS?) is probably slightly modified from that
draft.
	Julian Davies
uucp:  deepthot!julian;   uwo!julian
Envoy:  DJ.DAVIES