Help wanted -- College course in C

gillies.PA at XEROX.ARPA gillies.PA at XEROX.ARPA
Tue Oct 16 13:46:32 AEST 1984

Advanceced topics
-----------------

1.  You might cover many unix conventions related to C, esp: naming
conventions for subdirectories in a software system, and naming
conventions for the whole unix system in general.  Maybe have a group
project at the end where 3 or 4 people get together and build something
neat on UNIX.

2.  You might want to cover the most effective ways of partitioning
include's and source files, a necessary skill when building large
software systems.

Believe it or not, this is very hard, and is considered a black art by
most skilled C programmers.

				Don Gillies

The best all around text I know of is "The C programming Language"
(which is most useful if you are on UNIX).  --->It is the best
tutorial/language manual I have encountered in my lifetime.