Release 2 of BRL UNIX System V emulation for 4.2BSD

gwyn at BRL-TGR.ARPA gwyn at BRL-TGR.ARPA
Sun Oct 28 00:05:51 AEST 1984

From:      Doug Gwyn <gwyn at BRL-TGR.ARPA>

I am now shipping the BRL UNIX System V emulation for 4.2BSD upgraded
to UNIX System V Release 2.0 (plus the usual enhancements).  Part of
this package is the new Bourne shell with Berkeley-style job control,
courtesy of Ron Natalie.  There are also the usual BRL enhancements
and bug fixes.  For additional information contact:
	gwyn at brl-vld.ARPA
	{decvax,esquire,research}!brl-bmd!gwyn (UUCP)

People who acquired the Release 1 package (which will not be available
very much longer) are advised to upgrade to the newer release.  Those
who have already sent me tapes can expect their packages this week.

A version for the Gould PowerNode series is expected by the end of the
year.  We are also working on incorporating the Teletype 5620 Dot-Mapped
Display software into the 4.2BSD system, although of necessity that
package will require additions to the 4.2BSD kernel.  Another message
will be posted when these packages are ready for distribution.