AT&T 3Bx System

Mike Zaleski mzal at pegasus.UUCP
Sun Oct 28 02:42:47 AEST 1984

	Excerpts from God <root%bostonu.csnet at CSNET-RELAY.ARPA>:

	Looks like we are going to be the proud owners of a 3B5 and a few 3B2s,
	any experiences (SYSV)?

I use 3B2s every day.  Since I haven't used any other little computers
I can't really compare them speedwise.  They are too slow for my
tastes, though.  The System V implementation seems normal.  However,
not everything is included with the standard system, many packages are
add-ons.  The 3B5 seems more like a normal 3B20, only slower.

	We will be using 3BNET, any experiences or info on that would
	be appreciated.

We use nisend as a front end application on top of 3BNET.  It (nisend) goes
down too often for no appearant reason.  I'm not sure if this means 3BNET
is unreliable or just that niend is unreliable.

	Also (and very importantly) anyone know of something
	to nicely network these to our VAXEN?

UUCP maybe? :-)   Seriously, I don't know of anything offhand.
We only have 3B[2/5/20]s in my lab.

-- Mike^Z    Zaleski at Rutgers   [allegra!, ihnp4!] pegasus!mzal

All opinions above are strictly those of the author.