2.9bsd disk controllers and drivers?

Rick Kiessig kiessig at idi.UUCP
Wed Sep 19 18:49:02 AEST 1984

	I am looking for suggestions for a good disk controller
for PDP-11/70's.  The system in question has an overloaded UNIBUS,
so MASSBUS devices are preferred.  I've been looking at the
Systems Industries 9900 with Fuji Eagles, but I'm a little
discouraged after amd!phil's recent article.

	Also important is a driver for the controller.  Hopefully
one which does bad block forwarding.  Does DEC have any such beasts?
I would even consider a driver written for some other PDP-11
version of UNIX.

	One last question:  Has anyone out there put in bad block
forwarding into the 2.9 version of the driver for the Diva Computroller 5
(with Ampex 9300 drives, if it matters)?  Thanks,

--
Rick Kiessig
{decvax, ucbvax}!sun!idi!kiessig