4.2bsd interlan NI1010A recognition

Martin Lee Schoffstall schoff at cadmus.UUCP
Fri Sep 7 05:37:40 AEST 1984

Well I finally got 4.2 up on my 750, with no help from my supplier
of the cable for the SC750, but I can't seem to get 4.2 to recognize
my interlan boards during the auto-configuration in the boot.
It recognizes my uba, mba, dz, dmf, ts11, eagles but not my Interlan
boards.

I have all the things that need to be defined like

options	INET,PUP

and

pseudo-device 	ether
pseudo-device	loop

etc..

I have tried changing the CSR on the board and in the configuartion file

device	il0	uba?	csr 164000 vector ...............

I have taken the strappings off the unibus between pins CA1 and CB1
but to no avail.

I am desperate.  I have two Interlan NI1010A (rev J) and nothing seems
to work, I was even so conservative that I first configured and setup
but one board in my vax.  The little red light is off telling me
that self test diagnostics all worked wonderfully.  I have even written
and read using the VAX monitor to location 764000 (octal) and things look
they can be written and then read.  I have recompiled the entire
distribution again for fun too.  If anyone has any reasonable diagnostic
code that runs on top of 4.2bsd or has anything enlightening to say
let me know.

HELP!!!!

marty
{bbncca,wivax,linus,seismo}!cadmus!schoff	(usenet)
cadmus!schoff at seismo.ARPA			(arpa)