4.2bsd interlan NI1010A recognition

LouNelson at sri-unix.UUCP LouNelson at sri-unix.UUCP
Tue Sep 11 03:47:00 AEST 1984

From:  "Lou Nelson (ISRO" <lou at aero3>

You'll probably get a lot of replies but I'm going to put
my two cents in too since I'm a little baffled by this.
We are running 4.2 (really just bringing it up) on a VAX
11-750 with an Interlan NI1010A rev J and it's working
great.  My associate did tell me that he couldn't get the
kernel to see ours at first too and the best he could do
in the way of remembering was to suggest that he changed
something in the conf file, ordering or something.  Anyway
since suggestions may be better than nothing, here goes.
Make sure you have the following in your conf file and notice
the leading 0 on the 0164000 csr address (couldn't be that
but I'm trying to leave nothing to chance).  The relevant
parts of our conf file are:
	.
	.
	.
options		INET
	.
	.
	.
pseudo-device	bk
pseudo-device	pty
pseudo-device	loop
pseudo-device	inet
pseudo-device	ether

device		vv0	at uba0 csr 0175200 vector vvrint vvxint
device		il0	at uba? csr 0164000 vector ilrint ilcint

If you see any significant differences that solve the problem,
please let me know.  Better yet, maybe the solution should go
out on the net.

I hope this mail gets to you and am a little puzzled about where
to have you reply.  I'm lou at aerospace on the "arpa" net and if you
can get something to Berkeley, we're home free.
Good luck.
Lou Nelson
<...>ucb!lou at aerospace
<...>randvax!aero!lou