Multiple file versions -- FLAME

acheng at uiucdcs.UUCP acheng at uiucdcs.UUCP
Thu Sep 27 09:10:00 AEST 1984

    >>Multiple versions files<<

I started to use RCS (provided in the 4.2BSD) to maintain the
history of all my source files (sometime data files too).  It works
like a charm and i usually spend less than double of the real files
space (RCS keeps the most recent copy and "diff scripts" for
older versions).  I can even put some "history" strings into
the compiled object that tell me what version i compiled with.
This is definitely better than keeping multi-versions around.

albert cheng
{ihnp4,pur-ee}!uiucdcs!acheng
acheng%uiuc at csnet-relay

	{Ask not what Unix can do for you,