Need modified "mount" for sharable drives..

Ken Greer kg at hplabs.UUCP
Wed Sep 19 06:33:55 AEST 1984

|	We have two vax's (780 & 750) running sys5 v2, that have a
|handfull of dual ported drives between them.  What we would like is
|for the mount command to tell the user that the other system already
|has the drive mounted and for what (ie: read only or r/w).  Has anyone
|already worked this out.?
|					David Mutterer, timeinc!dave

You're going to have problems even when you mount one read-only.
Due to the asynchrony of the buffer system is UNIX, the file
system on the read-only port will at times appear inconsistent.
(Mounting both read-only would present no problems of course.)
--
Ken Greer
kg.hplabs at CSNET-Relay (ARPA)