4.1BSD vs 4.2BSD ---Info Wanted

Dennis Ebron dennis at aesat.UUCP
Wed Sep 19 02:53:05 AEST 1984

[]

We are in the process of deciding whether or not to upgrade from
4.1BSD to 4.2BSD.  I am sure many of you out there in the netland are
or have been in this stage.

Some of the questions we have:
	What are the pros and cons of upgrading from 4.1 BSD to
	4.2BSD?

	What are your experiences with 4.2BSD in terms of conversion
	effort, reliability, and performance gains (if any)?

	Is there a noticeable difference in performance between
	4.1BSD and 4.2BSD?  By how much?

We will appreciate it very much if you can share with us some of your
experiences with the above.  Please reply by mail.  Thank you very much.

--

		Dennis Ebron
		{allegra,ihnp4,linus,decvax}!utzoo!aesat!dennis