Interlan NP100 ethernet board

jeff at AIDS-UNIX.ARPA jeff at AIDS-UNIX.ARPA
Sat Sep 1 13:30:20 AEST 1984

From:  Jeff Dean <jeff at AIDS-UNIX.ARPA>

When you order stuff from Interlan, make sure you order
EVERYTHING you need.  When we last ordered ethernet boards
from them, they sold it to us without telling us that cables
and manuals were separate items with separate charges (yes,
even the instructions that tells you how to set the dip
switches).  With Murphy working his/her usual magic, we
received the boards several months late, making the
situation even more frustrating, since we finally received
the boards but could not use them without the cables.  Also,
close inspection of the boards revealed that their quality
control people must have been out on a picnic; there were
some really obvious mechanical flaws on one of the boards.

[ To their credit, Interlan promptly shipped us what we
needed. ]