Interlan NP100 ethernet board

tcs%usna.uucp at BRL-BMD.ARPA tcs%usna.uucp at BRL-BMD.ARPA
Sat Sep 1 06:53:01 AEST 1984

Someone gave me the wrong info on the price of the NP100 the
first time I called.  It should be $4290 which includes the
transceiver cable to the computer's chasis mounting block and
license to run the protocol software.
The protocol and host software is a $1000 one time charge.
They don't expect to ship the TCP/IP product until first
quarter of 85.  User level programs (Telnet, FTP, etc)
will have to be re-linked with a new library which handles
the communication with the protocol software in the board.
A link level driver is a possibility.
	Their architecture looks quite a lot like Excelan's.
I wonder if Intel has published an application note that
contains this design?
	-tcs
	Terry Slattery	  U.S. Naval Academy	301-267-4413
	ARPA: tcs at brl-bmd     UUCP: decvax!brl-bmd!usna!tcs