Ethernet Controllers/DEUNA/IF11

Chris Maloney chris at mddc.UUCP
Fri Sep 21 06:32:06 AEST 1984

I am tring to decide on UNIBUS Ethernet controllers
to be used with 4.2 on 750s.  DEUNA & IF/11 seem to be
pretty nice (price is not all that important for once).
I have Lou Salkinds DEUNA driver and Jim Guyton says he
almost has the IF/11 driver done.  We will be using
the controller to link 750s running a version of 4.2 we
have added kernel based, NEWCASTLE like, code too.
This gives system call access to remote files and to
our kernel based version of the RDS CISAM record management
system.  (It also allows remote execution.)
Any way I need some help deciding which Ethernet controller
to use.  Can you give me any advice?  Do you have any
benchmarks for the DEUNA and/or other controllers?
Are there other controller I should consider?

Thanks,
Chris Maloney
Management Decisions Development Corp.
7209 Dixie Highway
Fairfield, Ohio   45014
(513)874-6464

...{ucbvax,decvax,ihnp4,mhuxi}!cbosgd!mddc!chris		(uucp)
cbosgd!mddc!chris at BERKELEY					(arpa)