Almost Accurate Clock

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.UUCP
Sun Sep 30 11:40:43 AEST 1984

> 5) The time emitted from the RS232 interface lags WWV and the displayed time by
> almost 1 second.  We can only assume that this owes to slow computation
> in the RS232 microprocessor (it's not network delay or time to put out
> the characters serially).

The manual we got with ours specifically mentions a one-second delay
between "real" time and the rs232 time output.  The wording is slightly
ambiguous, but a consistent one-second delay is the most plausible
interpretation.  They don't say *why* the delay is there -- Dennis's
conjecture sounds plausible -- but it is (now) documented.
--
				Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology