rfnm's and 4.2bsd

stanonik at nprdc.ARPA stanonik at nprdc.ARPA
Sat Sep 22 07:09:00 AEST 1984

According to the bbn 1822 report, after the imp sends a RESET, it
should respond to the first message with a BADLEADER.  So berkeley's
expectation of a BADLEADER seems in accordance with the report.  Why
they chose to wait for the BADLEADER before clearing rfnm's beats me.
Why we don't see a BADLEADER beats me too, and makes it necessary for
us to reboot to clear the rfnm counts.  The report doesn't seem to
mention when the imp clears its rfnm counts.  I guess we'll assume
on RESET.

Thanks,

Ron
stanonik at nprdc