SI controller hangs with 9766 drives.

eichelbe at NADC eichelbe at NADC
Wed Apr 17 00:58:24 AEST 1985

	Recently ihnp4!mmm!boone (David Boone) asked if anyone was having
hangs of 9766 drives which were SI controlled.  I am having the same problem
but have been unable to get a message to David Boone via the net for some
reason.  So I am posting this to the general unix-wizards in the
hope that (1) David will see it, and (2) someone can help me too!

	We have a VAX 11/780 with one DEC controlled RM03 and three
9766's (like RM05's) with an SI controller (the controller says it is
a 9400 on the front of it).  We have the exact same hang problem!!!
And by the way, we are under 4.1 BSD, not 4.2.
	We hit the reset on the SI controller and everything starts up
again without a squawk (except about the hang) from the users!
	Any ideas, wizardom?

		Jon Eichelberger
		eichelbe at NADC
                (215) 441-3455