SI controller hangs with 9766 drives.

lee at unmvax.UUCP lee at unmvax.UUCP
Fri Apr 19 20:42:56 AEST 1985

 Hey, SI, you out there? Listening? Our 780 used to have this problem
(under 4.1 and 4.2) with the 9900. It was finally fixed when our eagle
(drive 0, guess where we boot from?) head crashed and the HDA was
replaced. I know  of a guy with a 750 using whatever SI calls an MBA on
those with the same problems. He has been living with it for a LONG while.
He  found, finally, that if he doesn't EVER, EVER turn off his line-printer
he doesn't have the problem.

 This is either a virus or a hardware bug. Since SI won't admit to a hardware
problem (until the fixes are out) it MUST be a virus, right?

			--Lee