a few Ultrix questions

knight at nmtvax.UUCP knight at nmtvax.UUCP
Thu Apr 4 17:30:10 AEST 1985

In article <> mp at allegra.UUCP (Mark Plotnick) writes:
>	- several people in our lab report a rumor that Ultrix has been
>	  de-tuned to make VMS look better.  Can someone who
>	  has run both 4.2BSD and Ultrix on the same machine comment on
>	  this?
Although I am dissatisfied (to say the least!) with DEC's fascination with
VMS, I suspect that this rumor is false.  DEC may be misguided in some
respects, but, I believe that they have good intentions overall.

Perhaps the people spreading rumors are disappointed with the 8600's price/
performance?  (:->)

Bob