a few Ultrix questions

Mark Plotnick mp at allegra.UUCP
Tue Apr 2 04:13:22 AEST 1985

We're getting an 8600, and currently plan to get Ultrix, too.
I have a couple questions for current Ultrix users.

	- someone on the arpanet Symbolics Users Group mailing list
	  mentioned that Chaosnet does not work under Ultrix (or BRL-UNIX),
	  evidently because of some bug fixes or code restructuring.
	  Is anyone successfully running Chaosnet under Ultrix?
	  (we do have ip/tcp on our lisp machines, but they still need
	  chaosnet for some boot phases, and the interaction of Symbolics
	  tcp with UNIX is less than perfect, and unsupported).

	- several people in our lab report a rumor that Ultrix has been
	  de-tuned to make VMS look better.  Can someone who
	  has run both 4.2BSD and Ultrix on the same machine comment on
	  this?

	Mark Plotnick
	allegra!mp