I propose a unix wishlist newsgroup

David Herron, NPR Lover david at ukma.UUCP
Tue Apr 9 14:47:35 AEST 1985

First.  Shouldn't this discussion be in net.news.group?  I've included
that group in the newsgroups for this posting at least.

Second.

We already have a gathering of unix-wizards (right here) for the
purpose of talking about unix.  What would you do different on
a wish list group that couldn't be done here?

If you want some features, why not just talk about what you want.
If somebody is inspired by your idea then it'll eventually end
up in a kernel.

I for one would like dancing girls to cavort on my screen when I log in.
:-)

Another part of your posting was talking about system V and 4.2 as
if they are entirely different animals.  Why should this be?  One of the
strongest complaints about unix is the fact that there is that divergence.
But it's not good for portability.  Though, it does give more than
one voice in the development.  Oh well.
--
--- David Herron
--- ARPA-> ukma!david<@ANL-MCS> or david%ukma.uucp at anl-mcs.arpa
---        Or even anlams!ukma!david at ucbvax.arpa
--- UUCP-> {ucbvax,unmvax,boulder,oddjob}!anlams!ukma!david
---        cbosgd!ukma!david

	"The home of poly-unsaturated thinking".