Itroff Inquiries for Versatec Printer

Ephraim Silverberg 0210097%techunix.BITNET at ucb-vax.ARPA
Wed Apr 17 14:05:53 AEST 1985

* Warning:  Please do NOT reply by 'r' as mail header address may be incorrect *

     We are running 4.2bsd on a Vax11/780 with a Versatec printer and  we  would
like to get itroff working. From my understanding what must be done is:

[1]  Build a DESC file,

[2]  Build font files,

[3]  Write a post-processor for the Versatec.

     Could someone please explain to me the various fields of the DESC file  and
font  files?   Also,  I have no idea how to go about writing the post-processor;
any suggestions?  (Yes, I have read the documentation which says that everything
is clear and straightforward -- well not for me, it isn't.)

     If anyone has working copies of the DESC/font files for the Versatec and/or
the post-processor, I would very much appreciate your sending me a copy.

     I shall endeavour to post a summary of the responses I receive in  about  a
month's  time.

Ephraim Silverberg

BITNET  : 0210097 at techunix
ARPANET : 0210097%techunix.bitnet at wiscvm.arpa
CSNET   : 0210097%techunix.BITNET at csnet-relay
UUCP    : {almost anywhere}!ucbvax!UCBJADE!TECHUNIX:0210097