Lost File System

Valerie Caro valerie%umass-cs.csnet at CSNET-RELAY.ARPA
Wed Apr 3 07:45:31 AEST 1985

  We are running UNIX BSD 4.2 on a VAX 750, with 2 RA80 disks.
The files in two partitions on our second disk have disappeared
and the partion size is much smaller than it should be.
It looks like a new file system was accidently constructed
over the old ones by running /etc/newfs.

  Is there any possibility of recovering the files which were
orriginally on these partitions, or are they lost forever?
We have no backups of our system.

 Please send any suggestions to :
					Valerie at Umass-cs@csnet-relay

			Thank You,