Celerity evaluation

hammond at petrus.UUCP hammond at petrus.UUCP
Tue Apr 23 23:24:49 AEST 1985

> Disk Performance: Although my trivial benchmarks took almost the same amount
> of CPU (using their new, faster cc) as the Pyramid, they took 3 times as
> long in real time.  Our Pyramid has eagles, the Celerity had the slower
> 120Mb disks.  I don't know what improvement an eagle would make.

I meant to say that the compiles of the trivial benchmarks took almost the
same user CPU, the benchmarks themselves are CPU bound and do no I/O.
The system CPU on the Celerity was twice a Pyramid 90x (i.e.  6.5 vs 2.9)
which I suspect was stack register copy times.

The elapsed real times were more like 2+ than 3 times.  (I just found my notes).