extension to L (local) flag in sys file

Ken Turkowski ken at turtlevax.UUCP
Wed Apr 3 19:04:12 AEST 1985

Some time ago, someone posted an enhancement to news to allow an
extension of the "L" flag in the sys file to say that articles
from "close" neighbors, as well as articles generated locally,
should be passed on to the other neighbors.  For example,
	nsc:net,fa,usa,na,ca,ba,mod,to.nsc:BFL2:/usr/spool/batch/nsc
should send on articles that have been generated locally, as well
as those generated within 2 hops.  I put in this change, but it seems
as though the number doesn't make a difference.  ALL of our neighbors
get our articles and those of our one-hop neighbors, REGARDLESS of
whether their sys line has L0, L1, or L2.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems?  Any fixes or alternate
ways to get the same effect?
--

Ken Turkowski @ CADLINC, Menlo Park, CA
UUCP: {amd,decwrl,hplabs,nsc,seismo,spar}!turtlevax!ken