ctype_.o in /lib/libc.a wrong in 4.2BSD?

Douglas Robinson dbr at cybvax0.UUCP
Tue Mar 12 02:37:32 AEST 1985

We have just noticed that the ascii 'SP' (or space, octal 040) is listed
as a punctuation character under 4.2BSD.  I checked with a V7 compatible
system and found it to be listed as only a 'isspace' character NOT 'ispunct'.

I strongly disagree to labelling 'SP' as a punctuation character, but
before patching ctype_.o I would like to get some opinions.  Please mail
to me.  I will summarize... Please - most importantly: will removing this
from the list of punctuation characters break anything under 4.2BSD???

Sorry if this has been discussed before... we don't have enough space to
archive discussion newsgroups.
--
Doug Robinson		Jobs don't kill programmers... programmers kill jobs!
Cybermation, Inc.	617/492-8810

...!{mit-eddie, harvard, mirror}!cybvax0!dbr