How can you look at the u.area of another process?

Ed Gould ed at mtxinu.UUCP
Tue Mar 26 10:18:51 AEST 1985

> We are creating a new kernel call that requires looking at the u. area
> of another process (given its pid) in 4.2BSD.
> --
> 		sanjay

In general, there's no easy way to do this since the u. is part of the
per-process information that can be swapped to disk.  The proc table
contains the information that must be resident at all times.  If you
want to read the information from the disk if it's not resident, of
course, it's possible to do what you want.

--
Ed Gould		    mt Xinu, 739 Allston Way, Berkeley, CA  94710  USA
{ucbvax,decvax}!mtxinu!ed   +1 415 644 0146