talk program

David C. Martin dcmartin at ucbvax.ARPA
Sat Mar 23 15:12:08 AEST 1985

In article <553 at rlgvax.UUCP> guy at rlgvax.UUCP (Guy Harris) writes:
>> Is the protocol used by the talk program (for network talks)
>> documented somewhere?  I was going to write network talk
>> programs for Tops-20.

>facilities like VMS' "phone" program, like conference calls, the ability
>to inject files into the conversation, etc..  You might want to write your
>own, put it back on UNIX, document the protocols, and send it to "net.sources"
>as a possible replacement for "talk".

I wouldn't bother with this, the 4.3 group here is "supposedly" developing
a phone program that will handle this.  If you're willing to wait, that is.

David C. Martin
--------
Computer Systems Support Group
arpa: dcmartin at berkeley                       usps: 237 Cory Hall
uucp: ..!ucbvax!dcmartin                            Berkeley, CA 94720
at&t: 415/642-9489