talk program

Spencer W. Thomas thomas at utah-gr.UUCP
Fri Mar 15 10:11:52 AEST 1985

In article <264 at unm-la.UUCP> jay at unm-la.UUCP writes:
**From Laura Creighton:
>> Arrgh! Try to wruite something a lttle less obnoxious than talk!
>> At a bear minimum, it should allow shell escapes...
>
>Aaarrrgghh!!  Do away with shell escapes!  Ban Un*s without job
>control!!
>			-- Jay Plett

I had a version of talk with a shell escape once upon a time (pre 4.2,
never ported the (grotty) code I added to the new talk).  The
difference, and the reason it HAD to be in talk, was that the output
from the program being run was added to the conversation.  Really nice
for demonstrating some bug to someone.  Sure would be nice if someone
would hack it back in.

--
=Spencer
	({ihnp4,decvax}!utah-cs!thomas, thomas at utah-cs.ARPA)