4.2bsd uba question (too many zero v

lrr at siemens.UUCP lrr at siemens.UUCP
Sat Mar 30 06:12:00 AEST 1985

Gawd - I thought I was the only person who had this problem.
We had that here at Siemens and it turned out to be a marital problem between
a DZ11 and the 3COM board.  In the process of moving the 3COM board to
another slot in the backplane, I removed one DZ11 and the problem went away!
I put the DZ11 back in (anywhere, in fact) and the problem resurfaced.  Ok,
so I cann my DEC Field Service and they bring out another DZ.  Of course,
they want to run diagnostics to prove that my board is bad (any board) and
of course nothing is wrong.  I told them to just replace the ``bad'' board
with the new one and I'll be happy.  After a while (a few hours) they simply
agree; they do the swap and leave.  Now, I don't think that the were
convinced that there was a problem with that DZ, so they might have put it
back in circulation.  Maybe you got it!

My recommendation?  Pull DZ boards one at a time and reboot.  Convince DEC
that the one that you pulled is bad and have them replace it.  Good luck!

Larry Rogers
Siemens Research and Technology Labs
Princeton, NJ
princeton!siemens!jaguar!lrr