VAX clustering and U{n,ltr}ix

Chris Torek chris at umcp-cs.UUCP
Sun Mar 3 10:32:30 AEST 1985

> It [...] appears DEC no longer sells the documentation necessary for
> writing drivers for these things [CI/SC008/HSC50].

If this is true (the "appears" alleviates the scare somewhat), then I
think DEC is making a Big Mistake.  I like DEC equipment partly because
I have these little manuals I can flip through.  It's hard to have too
much documentation [though VMS perhaps succeeds here :-)].  The best
argument I can give for my opinion is "if we don't know enough about it,
we aren't going to buy it".

Are you listening, DEC?
CSNet:	chris at umcp-cs		ARPA:	chris at maryland