bug in sh(1)

VLD/VMB gwyn at Brl-Vld.ARPA
Sat Mar 2 01:41:38 AEST 1985

: : cannot open

sounds remarkably like a bug I introduced by accident at BRL
long ago and propagated to several sites as part of the BRL UNIX
System V emulation.  (Early versions of this replaced the 4.2BSD
/bin/sh with the UNIX System V version, as the sole change made
to the native 4.2BSD system; more recent shipments have had a
separate /usr/5bin/sh and no changes to native 4.2BSD at all.)
If you are using a Bourne shell that has this problem and
received it from me, please contact me for a replacement.  We
also have job control working under both the 4.2BSD and 4.3BSD
concepts of terminal process groups; earlier versions of this
will not work right under 4.3BSD.  (Please do not ask when
4.3BSD will be available; that is not my domain.)  Ron Natalie
did the job control enhancement.

	gwyn at brl.ARPA		decvax!brl-bmd!gwyn