Problems with Berkely spooler

Lee Hasiuk hasiuk at spp2.UUCP
Thu Mar 28 04:27:27 AEST 1985

We have a network of Sun Workstations running 4.2 (release 1.1).  One
of our machines has an LA120 and an Imagen 8/300 and acts as the print
server for the network.  Everything works just fine until people try to
print on BOTH printers at the same time.  The spooler always prints
everything on the printer which was active when the spool request was made.
Thus, if the LA120 was in use and a request is made to print on the Imagen
(i.e. imprint -Pimagen ...) the output will appear on the LA120.

If anybody knows a fix for this, I would appreciate hearing from them by
mail.  I apologize if this subject already came up in the recent past.
By the way, we have source code support, so diffs of any fixes are O.K.

Thanks,

Lee Hasiuk