Modemcap is MORE versatile (Was: Ultrix shared modem support)

lyndon at ncc.UUCP lyndon at ncc.UUCP
Fri Dec 26 08:04:16 AEST 1986

In article <432 at iscuva.UUCP>, davids at iscuva.UUCP (David Schmidt) writes:
>                      [...]                  Our Convergent Technologies
> Mightyframe has a termcap-like "modemcap" file which is MUCH more
> versatile than DEC's ACUCAP.

Modemcap has to be the worst hack in existance! How the hell do you
"program" the ACU in a "language" that only allows forward branching
(no lables of course)? YuK!

The termcap routines are great for curses (and even printers), but someone
got a bit carried away... The dial(3) replacement routines posted to
mod.sources a while ago are about the most elegant solution to this messy
problem that I've seen to date. (Are you listening Convergent?).
--
Lyndon Nerenberg (VE6BBM)      Systems Group - A Div. of Nexus Computing Corp.

UUCP: {ihnp4,ubc-vision,watmath}!alberta!ncc!lyndon  BITNET: USERCHNL at UALTAMTS