Wanted: lockf system call source

Dave Lennert davel at hpisoa1.HP.COM
Thu Dec 4 02:34:12 AEST 1986

Ooops...  What I meant to say was:

One interesting thing I noticed about implementing lockf() on top of SysV
fcntl() file locking is that (it appears) lockf() requires that the file
                                          ^^^^^
be opened with write permission even for read locking.  /usr/group lockf()
does not require this.

I'm I correctly stating the situation?  If so, is this regarded as a
deficiency in SysV's lockf()?

    Dave Lennert                ucbvax!hpda!davel               [UUCP]
    Hewlett-Packard - 47UX      ihnp4!hplabs!hpda!davel         [UUCP]
    19447 Pruneridge Ave.
    Cupertino, CA  95014        (408) 447-6325                  [AT&T]