wanted: suggested features for my PD cron program

Paul Vixie Esq paul at vixie.UUCP
Wed Dec 31 20:23:29 AEST 1986

The ATT System V cron system is, I think, better than the one in BSD.  Because
the effort involved is trivial, I am writing a PD version of cron that will be
compatible with SVID.  In fact, it's about done.

However, I'm starting to wonder if some other features would be popular, like
specifying days of the week or months of the year by name instead of by number.
I would, of course, accept either -- the thing DOES HAVE to be compatible.

Anyone else know of any downward-compatible extensions they'd like to see in a
PD cron program ?  Please send mail, I'll summarize to the net.

--
Paul A. Vixie        {ptsfa, qantel, crash, winfree}!vixie!paul
329 Noe Street       dual!ptsfa!vixie!paul at ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU