SUN-3 messages - ie0: no carrier

Jim Thompson jim at moira.UUCP
Thu Jul 24 10:29:32 AEST 1986

In article <15 at unc.unc.UUCP> menges at unc.UUCP (John Menges) writes:
>We are experiencing frequent error messages on our SUN-3 consoles
>saying "ie0: no carrier".  This happens infrequently on our SUN-2s
>as well, but not nearly as often.  It happens on both file servers
>and clients.  Our SUNs are attached to the ethernet using DELNIs.
>Can anyone shed light on this problem?

The first thing to try is making sure that the ether-connections are
both tight and are actulally good.  (Conducting.)  Sun uses cheap
connectors.

The connector can look plugged in, but not be 'making'....

Good luck.

					Jim Thompson

{ihnp4,sdcrdcf}!otto!jim

[ Usual disclamer:  I have no opinion, therefore I don't exist .]