RAM disk software WANTED!!

andy at mitisft.UUCP andy at mitisft.UUCP
Wed Jul 30 17:30:09 AEST 1986

> 	We are interested in getting any RAM disk software which runs
> on any version of UNIX. Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Mailing address: {utzoo,dciem}!psddevl!nelson. Phone (416)792-3877 ext 261.

Convergent Technologies has RAM disk support built into its current release
of software for the MightyFrame computer system that we sell.  The code
is not public domain, but I'm sure that you can purchase it, although it would
probably be considerably cheaper just to buy a MightyFrame.

The version of CTIX (Convergent's port of SVR2.2) that has RAM disk
capability (I use it all the time--boy does it speed compiles!) is
5.11.  There is marketing department that can tell you about source
code availability.  The number is 800/858-8255, although I'm not sure that
works from Canada.  The toll number is 408/435-3636.  BTW, the MightyFrame
is a 68020 based Sun-killer.

Andy Sharp @ Convergent Technologies

PS: I am posting this (I hope) because I don't know what my email address is
yet.